As granted by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Charter to operate a public school known as Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School:
Pursuant to the authority vested in the Pennsylvania Department of Education under the Public School Code of 1949, as amended, and specifically under 24 P.S. § 17-1745-A, the Board of Trustees of Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School is hereby granted a Charter to operate a public cyber charter school for the period commencing on July 1, 2020 and ending on June 30, 2025. The grant of this Charter was approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education on September 11, 2019.
It is specifically understood and agreed between the signatories hereto that:
- the Board of Trustees shall operate the cyber charter school in accordance with the provisions of 24 P.S. §§ 17-1741- A — 17-1751-A, any amendments thereto enacted during the term of this Charter and any regulations or standards applicable to cyber charter schools;
- Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School will enroll no more than 11,677 students during the time period Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School retains the accountability designation of Comprehensive Support and Improvement or until a written amendment, Which reflects a mutual agreement of Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School and the Pennsylvania Department of Education, modifies this enrollment parameter.
- the granting of this Charter is specifically contingent upon operation of the cyber charter school in strict adherence to the terms of the Renewal Application, submitted by the Board of Trustees on or by October 1, 2011, any previous application(s) approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education and the enrollment parameter stated herein. Said Renewal Application and previous application(s) are incorporated by reference as if fully set forth;
- this Charter constitutes a legally binding agreement for the term set forth above and the terms of said agreement cannot be changed absent a written amendment to this Charter;
- this Charter may be renewed for additional periods of five-year durations and upon any such renewal, a new charter shall be executed by the parties;
- the Department reserves the right to continue to assess and review Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School's operation of the cyber charter school and notify Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School of any violation of this Charter or other applicable requirements and seek correction of the violation, and to take action against the Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School, if necessary, including revocation or nonrenewal of this Charter based on any information that was or could have been reviewed prior to this charter renewal or that may be discovered during future or ongoing assessments or reviews; and
- this Charter can only be terminated in accordance with the provisions of applicable law. Wherefore, the undersigned, intending to be legally bound hereby set their hands 16th day of September, 2019.
Board of Trustees
Brian Hayden, Chief Executive Officer, Non-Voting
Edward Elder, President
Phillip Tridico, Vice President
Matthew Schulte, Treasurer, Non-Voting
Casie Colalella, Secretary, Non-Voting
Cheryl Leydig, Interim Board Secretary, Non-Voting
Joseph Askar, Solicitor, Non-Voting
Judy Garbinski, Trustee
Jayne Lingenfelder, Trustee
Tom Dorsey, Trustee
Chester Thompson, Trustee
Steve Robinson, Trustee
Pennsylvania Department of Education
Pedro A. Rivera, Secretary